The Future of Mindful Medicine, Now.
The Professional Yoga Therapy Institute® is the bridge, built upon scientific research, that joins the hands of biomedical healthcare and biopsychosocial care delivered through the lens of Medical Therapeutic Yoga (Garner 2016). Integrating the Medical Therapeutic Yoga (MTY) methodology enables clinicians to improve patient satisfaction and patient outcomes, and do both with less overhead and better longterm results. Completing the PYTI® program will change your practice. We believe, and as many of our students and graduates have attested, it will also change your life. Our motto is #transforminghealthcaretransformingyou.
Program SummaryThe Professional Yoga Therapy Institute® is the premier medical post-graduate level certification for training on yoga in healthcare worldwide. Founded in 2000 by Dr. Ginger Garner, PYTI® is also the longest-standing continuing international program teaching licensed medical professionals how to use yoga in a clinical environment. The PYTI® program falls under an umbrella of categories for study:
- Integrative Medicine
- Functional Medicine
- Complementary Medicine
- Biopsychosocial Model of Care
- Biomedical Model of Care
- ONLINE MODULES - Modules 1-7, 10, 11, and 12 are distance-learning modules. These modules are available from third party content partners accessible via our website.
- ONSITE MODULES - Modules 8, 14, and 15 are on-site week-long intensive lab courses that are held in a retreat setting in Emerald Isle, NC USA and various other locations.
- COMMUNITY PROJECT - Module 13 is a publication-ready final course project which takes what you have learned, in a 1-on-1 mentor setting with Dr. Garner and faculty members, and readies it for practical application in your communities and clinical practices.
- Module 9 is not currently required for the PYT certificate, but we are currently developing leading-edge specialty courses developed by our graduates employing which employ MTY Methodology.