We are proud to launch our new Lifestyle Medicine Certificate & Professional Yoga Therapist Certification!
Get started now:
Step 1 – Sign up for the ONSITE coursework now.
Step 2 – When the ONLINE course launches (Late February-Early March 2020), you will be notified of when and how to sign up.
Why are we making the change?
PYTI® has been preparing licensed healthcare providers to be leaders in the field of Lifestyle & Functional Medicine through the integrative lens of yoga for 20 years, and in 2020 are launching our 4th generation certification. Now we want to make the certification even more accessible to you by offering 2 tracts.
We believe physical therapists, occupational therapists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals should be front line primary care providers in Lifestyle Medicine. Moving more of the certification online is more convenient and less expensive for you to certify and practice. You will be better positioned in a shorter time frame – to help their patients make better lifestyle choices, which will help tackle epidemic rate of chronic disease and pain, and make our society healthier and happier.
We offer TWO PROGRAMS:
- LIFESTYLE MEDICINE CERTIFICATE – LAUNCHING SPRING 2020
- Modules 1-4 (20 CE)
- Elective Modules (4 CE)
No other modules are required, however, we do strongly recommend you consider completing the PYT Certification, as it goes hand in hand with the Lifestyle Medicine (LM) curriculum. It offers hands-on experience with implementation of everything you learn in the online LM Certificate program.
- PROFESSIONAL YOGA THERAPIST CERTIFICATION – OPEN NOW
- Level I – Module 5 (27 hours)
- Level II – Module 6 (28 hours)
- Level III – Module 7 (38 hours)
- Case Community Competency project (variable hours) – The CCC is a karma yoga project carried out in your community with the mentorship of an assigned faculty mentor. The CCC is included in M7 tuition.
- LIFESTYLE MEDICINE CERTIFICATE & PYT CERTIFICATION – It is easy to pursue both credentials at the same time if you prefer. You can follow this pathway:
- Take M1-4
- Attends Levels I, II, & III, and complete the CCC
- Take the 2 Electives
Dr. Garner’s clinical specialties include hip labral tears and impingement, maternal health, and orofacial to pelvic floor connection for trauma-informed women’s health and yoga. Contact her office if you’d like to bring Ginger to your clinic. More courses and contact are available here.
Two levels of recognition are awarded:
- Professional Yoga Therapist Certification
Modules 1-7 & CCC Completed
- Lifestyle Medicine Certificate
Modules 1-4 & the 2 Electives (4 CE) below:
Science of Mindful Exercise Prescription
Managing Environmental Influences on Health & Wellbeing
PREVIOUS GRADUATES – For those who completed certification under the 3rd generation module system (M1-15), you can earn the Certificate in Lifestyle Medicine by completing M1-4 & the 2 Electives.
Please make sure to sign up for our newsletter to get the
LATEST COURSE UPDATES & OFFERINGS. Want to host bring a course to your area? Please email us!
Have questions? Visit this page: