We are proud to launch two new programs in 2020!
Why are we offering 2 new programs?
PYTI® has been preparing licensed healthcare providers to be leaders in the field of Lifestyle & Functional Medicine through the Integrative Yoga lens for 20 years. We believe physical therapists and similar healthcare professionals should be front line primary care providers in Lifestyle Medicine.
Offering the Lifestyle Medicine Certificate allows us to shorten the duration of the PYT Certification, making it convenient, less expensive, and less time consuming for you to certify.
The new programs better position you, in a shorter time frame, to help patients through practicing Lifestyle Medicine & Medical Therapeutic Yoga. Using these two modalities together are a powerful team to impact chronic disease and pain and optimize wellness and disability outcomes.
What is new?
In 2020 we have launched 2 NEW PROGRAMS: The LIFESTYLE MEDICINE CERTIFICATE & the newest, 4th generation of our established PROFESSIONAL YOGA THERAPIST CERTIFICATION.
Get Started Now:
- LIFESTYLE MEDICINE CERTIFICATE – ONLINE
- Modules 1-4 (20 CE)
- Elective Modules (4 CE) – will be released March 2020
- PROFESSIONAL YOGA THERAPIST CERTIFICATION – HYBRID
- Modules 1-4 (20 CE online)
- Level I – Module 5 (27 CE)
- Level II – Module 6 (28 CE)
- Level III – Module 7 (38 CE)
- Case Community Competency project (variable hours) – The CCC is a karma yoga project carried out in your community with the mentorship of a faculty mentor. The CCC cost is included with Level III tuition.
- LIFESTYLE MEDICINE CERTIFICATE & PYT CERTIFICATION – You can easily complete both program at the same time. The PYT training offers in-depth hands-on experience to implement everything you learn in the online Certificate program. Follow this pathway:
- Take M1-4 & the 2 Electives
- Attend Levels I, II, & III, and complete the CCC (final project)
Dr. Garner’s clinical specialties include hip labral tears and impingement, maternal health, and orofacial to pelvic floor connection for trauma-informed women’s health and yoga. Contact her office if you’d like to bring Ginger to your clinic. More courses and contact are available here.
Two levels of recognition are awarded:
- Professional Yoga Therapist Certification
Modules 1-7 & CCC Completed
- Lifestyle Medicine Certificate
Modules 1-4 & the 2 Electives (4 CE) below:
Science of Mindful Exercise Prescription
Managing Environmental Influences on Health & Wellbeing
PREVIOUS GRADUATES – For those who completed certification under the 3rd generation module system (M1-15), you can earn the Certificate in Lifestyle Medicine by completing M1-4 & the 2 Electives.
Please make sure to sign up for our newsletter to get the
LATEST COURSE UPDATES & OFFERINGS. Want to host bring a course to your area? Please email us!
Have questions? Visit this page: