Level I certification prepares clinicians to implement Medical Therapeutic Yoga along with a complete system of complementary care into their medical specialty. The course features hands-on learning to complete case studies as well as critically analyzing physical yoga movement and respiratory therapies. You will learn how to determine the root cause(s) of a condition in the context of Lifestyle Medicine using Biopsychosocial and Functional Movement Assessments. Principles of Lifestyle Medicine are discussed in light of the skyrocketing rates of chronic disease and pain in the US affecting co-and-multimorbidities. Additional emphasis on strategies that support optimal patient outcomes including mindfulness, health promotion and sustained adherence through affecting behavioral change are included.
The PYTI® certification prepares the licensed healthcare provider to:
- Personalize intervention using Lifestyle Medicine & Functional Medicine through the lens of Medical Therapeutic Yoga.
- Utilize the Functional Movement Assessment© to teach mindful movement and breath in order to impact pain, injury, chronic disease, and health promotion.
- Evaluate, diagnose (where appropriate), and design treatment through the biopsychosocial model of assessment.
- Affect behavioral health and lifestyle choices through lifestyle coaching.
- Use best-fit Integrative Medicine approaches that are evidence-based, scientifically sound in a compassionate, inclusive environment driven by person-centered care.
Student:Faculty ratio – 10:1
- After completion of Modules 1-4 and passing the exam, the clinician is eligible to be LEVEL I Certified.
- Level II Certification can be earned after attending M1-6 and passing all exams.
- Level III Certification is awarded after attending M1-7 and passing all exams.
What to Bring
- Yoga mat
- 2 yoga blocks
- 2 yoga blankets (Mexican blankets work best). Do not bring cotton throws are irregularly, non-matching sized blankets.
- 1 yoga strap. Quick release buckle highly recommended. Cotton preferred.
- Medical Therapeutic Yoga text
Continuing Education Credit –
PT – PYTI® is an approved CE provider for PT in the states where courses are held. Check your state board for reciprocity and approval guidelines.
OT, AT – If you are an OT or AT and would like to earn CE credit, please contact our office so we can work with you.
If you are a nurse or physician and would like to attend, please contact our office so we can work with you.