There are two levels of certification: PYT and PYT Level 1. Continue reading to learn about both!
Being PYT Certified can provide
- Business plans for expansion of services with reduced overhead
- Lower employee turnover, improved practitioner well-being, and decreased practitioner burnout
- Stress management and work/life balance skills
- Improved continuity of care, patient satisfaction, & outcomes
PYT is for the licensed medical professional who wants to:
- Use yoga in healthcare/as medicine for all patient populations.
- Offer an integrated (rehabilitation and medicine plus medical therapeutic yoga) approach in healthcare and health promotion.
- Streamline clinical decision-making in evaluation and intervention.
- Troubleshoot common complex clinical cases in a multi-disciplinary, evidence-based environment with peers.
- Improve your health and well-being, reduce burnout, and improve job satisfaction.
- Prescribe yoga at a level commensurate with your medical education and licensure as a health care provider.
- Prevent burnout and improve patient outcomes.
- Simplify health care delivery while also making it more holistic.
- Reduce overhead expenses required to start or run your healthcare business.
- Create customized evidence-based illustrated digital yoga programs.
- Employ a holistic, post-graduate medical, multi-disciplinary team approach.
- Network with integrative therapists, doctors, clinics, hospitals, and universities across North America who use the PYT Method.
The program is designed as a hybrid distance and on-site learning program consisting of 15 modules. Modules 1-7, 10, 11, and 12 can all be completed at your convenience through our distance learning program via the following educational partners. Modules 8, 14, and 15 are the only on-site courses required to complete the certification. Module 9 is not currently required, and Module 13 is a home study project.
Prerequisites: A minimum of 60 semester hours of college credit and corresponding degree from an accredited university or college in a field of medicine. You must also hold a license to practice in the state of your respective medical field. Medicine, mental health, physiology, or rehabilitation are all degrees and licenses commonly held by PYTI applicants.
Cost: Distance module cost can be found on our third party vendor websites. Please see the links under our distance learning pages. On-site module tuition is currently $1090 for Module 8 and 14 and $1400 for Module 15 (which includes the tuition for Module 13). Lodging for on-site courses is extra and includes meals. Lodging is currently $785-$980, depending on the room type you sign up for (shared, private, private oceanfront balcony). All on-site courses run from Saturday (5pm class start time) until Friday (9am class end time) to allow for travel to/from Emerald Isle, NC. Prices subject to change. Current pricing for courses is listed on the vendor websites or on our registration page for on-site courses.
- Modules 1-7
- Module 8
- Midterm test with a grade of 72% or higher
- Modules 10.1-10.12
- Module 12
- Module 14
- Personal Journal (Module 14 Assignment)
- Module 15
- CCC Graduate Thesis (Module 13)-Community Competency Case Study
- Graduation Application with $30 Grad App fee
Questions? Please don't hesitate to email our Director of Education, Megan Fahy, firstname.lastname@example.org.