Medical Therapeutic Yoga Education,
Now Offered in Australia!
Evidence-Based Education for Healthcare Professionals Implementing Yoga in their Clinical Practice
Professional Yoga Therapy Institute
Transforming Healthcare, Transforming You
Professional Yoga Therapy Institute Expands International Reach
Professional Yoga Therapy Institute offers evidence-based medical therapeutic yoga education in the United States, Canada, U.K, Ireland, and now expands to Australia!
Yoga as Medicine I (Module 8) will take place in Caringbah, NSW, Australia in May 2017!
Yoga as Medicine I (Module 8) is the first of three on-site modules that make up the practical, applied lab portion of the Professional Yoga Therapy (PYT) certification program. This course puts the lectures of Modules 1-7 into motion with application of the concepts learned in those prerequisite distance modules.
About Professional Yoga Therapy Institute
Founded in 2000, Professional Yoga Therapy Institute (PYTI) is the longest standing international model for clinical and public health education in yogic medicine for licensed (and student) medical providers and their assistants.
PYTI utilizes medical therapeutic yoga to transform healthcare and self-care and to advocate for use of yoga in medicine, rehabilitation, and wellness practice.
Today PYTI has a fully developed and field-tested curriculum which is being used in post-graduate certification and graduate coursework at masters and doctoral programs through universities in North America.
How PYTI is Different
- PYTI brings yoga into healthcare - from inpatient care to outpatient rehabilitation to wellness care.
- PYTI is unique from yoga or yoga therapy in that medical therapeutic yoga is a specialty of practicing yoga in and as medicine. PYT graduates, by legal scope of practice, are more than yoga therapists or yoga teachers because they are legally bound to their patients by their practice act(s).
- PYTI is interdisciplinary, evidence-based, and teaches best evidence practice that falls within the licensed healthcare practitioner's respective scope of practice. This can include evaluation, diagnosis, and prescription in many of such licensed disciplines.
- PYTI is an international program, with licensed clinicians from many different disciplines across the globe.
- PYTI is congruent with WHO recommendations for model of practice and education and aligns with WHO endorsed biopsychosocial model of care.
Early Bird Registration Incentives to be Announced Soon!
Yoga as Medicine I (Module 8) Classroom
May 25-29, 2017
Unit 16, 70-72 Captain Cook Dr, Caringbah, NSW, Australia
AUS $2,225 +10% GST